Software Firmware Engineer
Food & Beverage Innovations is searching for a unique blend of Firmware/Software Developer with Electrical Engineering experience to support our existing innovative product architecture, schematic and layout and ongoing debugging, refinement and deployment of a custom designed first to market hardware-software product. You will also be responsible for supporting the existing embedded firmware on Linux such as custom drivers, root file systems, boot code, and diagnostics.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Linux experience with system configuration and drivers for running a kiosk
- Python experience with both system processes and web server (flask)
- C/C++ experience
- Experience with backend and frontend web development
- Firmware development experience for 16 bit or 32 bit microprocessors (Arm Cortex M0/M3/M4, MSP430, PIC’s etc)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a mid-level software development role within a hardware startup or high growth organization.
- At least 2 years of electrical and software engineering experience in a multi-faceted technology business is a must.
Personal Success Factors:
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Results-oriented, pays high attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously without compromising quality or schedule predictability.
- Excellent cross-functional communication/collaboration skills.
- Team oriented approach as demonstrated by the ability to build strong and open working relationships across the organization.
About the Company:
Food & Beverage Innovations was founded to revolutionize the manual process of making jello. We have invented Jevo, the first fully automated jello + edible shot maker. Our mission is to elevate the experience of making jello through innovation in product, process and technology. Jevo will launch in nightclubs, sports bars, resorts, casinos, family entertainment centers and gentleman’s clubs across North America in Q4 2015.
Jevo: The evolution of jello + edible shots
Jevo is the first fully automated jello + edible shot maker. Jevo revolutionizes the 4 to 5 hour process of making jello to less than 10 minutes, resulting in 20 ready to serve jello shots. With endless flavor possibilities, Jevo will launch with proprietary flavor pods in great tasting traditional, exotic and dessert flavors like Apple, Margarita and Celebration Cake.
How it works: Similar in concept to the Keurig and SodaStream: Choose your flavor, insert the flavor pod, select the spirit and press go. It’s that simple. It mixes, it chills, and you serve 20 jello shots in less than 10 minutes.